Above all, I consider myself a quick study. Throughout my career I have been faced with
numerous technical challenges that I had no skill-set in, but have always studied the problems
thoroughly, and have surmounted many obstacles. When asked which programming language I
am most proficient in, I answer C/C++, but with the caveat that I consider myself language
agnostic. For me, C has its place, as does C++, but so do the myriad of other languages and tools.
The right tool for the job is always the correct answer. This has often meant that I must learn new
languages, and so I do.
- ARM assembly
- PIC assembly
- 68k architecture
- Visual Studio
- Python (Applications, Web, Scripting, OO Aplications)
- Apache httpd
- Linux (Development, Admin, Embedded, Drivers, etc.)
- Mac OS X
- Cisco IOS
- SQL (PostgreSQL, SQLite, MySQL)
Action Target — May 2007 - October 2012 — Lead Software Engineer
- Wrote new features, maintained front-end software in Tcl/Tk.
- Led the team in developing the front-end software, embedded operating system, and device drivers.
- Created and maintained automated cross-platform build environment.
- Designed, developed protocol for use on low-bandwidth, high-latency, low-reliability UHF/VHF devices.
- Maintained software running on PIC and 68k chips in assembly, C.
- Interviewed candidates and hired software consultants.
- Oversaw design of embedded Linux product from start to finish of multi-year project to meet specs of military contract.
Action Target — May 2005 - May 2007 — IT Engineer
- Maintained and supported 75+ diskless Linux workstations, 30+ Windows desktops and notebooks, and 16 Linux servers,
- Maintained and supported all network gear, Inter-tel PBX, Asterisk PBX, automated timeclock computers, two plasma table controllers, and the surveillance system.
- Was on call 24/7 for help with all employee IT needs.
- Developed and maintained an automated server setup environment for easily/quickly
- replaceable servers and desktops.
- Developed features, fixed bugs, and helped users with our home grown ERP/CRM business software written in C and Tcl/Tk.
- Made IT purchase decisions for new hardware based on best value for current and near term needs.
Fount LLC — February 2005 - May 2005 — Software Developer
- Developed and maintained a web interface for an insurance database connected to existing liability models.
- Created interfaces for proof of concept models.
- Created database design for all liability models.
COMPanion Corporation — June 2001 - Sept. 2004 — Software Developer
- Maintained cross-platform (Mac OS X and Windows) Library Automation and Textbook Management products.
- Added SIF (K-12 school based inter-product communications protocol) compatibility to existing product line.
- Designed fingerprint identification via USB dongle for student identification.
Parlant Technology — March 2000 - May 2001 — Software Developer
- Developed backend server to create voice messages to be sent over telephone lines using Python, XML and VXML.
- Developed components of server to send messages over email, phone, and internet using Python and C.
- Provo High — High School — 1997 - 2001
- Westminster College — CS Major — 2001 - 2003
- University of Utah — Pre-CS Major — 2003 - 2004